Movers Madison, AL
Why move to Huntsville, AL?
When you move to Huntsville from virtually anywhere else in the country you will be so impressed by its low cost of living that you’ll be repeating the word countless times to everyone you know. Livability.com, a publication that ranks U.S. cities and towns on a wide variety of criteria named Huntsville the number one most affordable city in the U.S! This is primarily because the average salary in Huntsville is about 52,000—close to the national average–but the cost of housing is way below the national average. And by the way, we’re talking about really nice housing!
Take a look at this handy chart that pops up in Google when you search “Huntsville Alabama cost of living.” You can see right away how much more affordable housing is here compared to most of the country. Overall, Huntsvillians spend around 20% of their income on housing—significantly below the national average of about 34%. Think of the savings you could accrue over 10, 20, 30 years of living here. It could be enough to retire a lot earlier than you planned!
Who moves and why?
- 40% of all moves are job related.
- 42% of all moves are a personal choice.
- 18% of moves are military or government related (our area is probably higher).
- Every year, 33% of all American renters move.
- The biggest age group of people who move is 18 to 34.
- 35% of college grads do not end up in their home state.
- The number one reason for moving is reported to be “obtaining an easier commute.”
- Florida has the lowest percentage of residents that were born in the state.
- On average, women move a bit more than men by about 7 million.
Fill this form to get your free estimate!
Testimonials of Our clients
This Side Up Moving is a full service moving and relocation company. We offer professional packing, moving, and storage services.