Let Us Take You Home
We manage residential moves of all kinds, whether it’s local, intrastate or long distance. The first step we take in assessing your move is understanding your specific needs. By understanding your requirements, we can adequately prepare you for what to expect and build a personalized moving strategy that secures a positive moving experience.
Tips Before You Move
Below we have compiled some tips that may assist our customers during the pre-move process.
- Do not pack with masking tape or slim cellophane tape. Use PVC (poly-vinyl chloride).
- Utilize newspapers just to cushion belongings, not for wrapping things. The ink on the newspapers may rub off and can recolor items, for example, fine china.
- Pack similar items together. Try not to pack a fragile china figurine in a similar container with cast iron frying pan, for instance.
- Wind electrical cords, tightening them so they don’t dangle.
- Seal containers firmly with tape, aside from those containing things that must be left open for the van operator’s inspection.
Fill this form to get your free estimate!
8 Critical Things You Need To Prepare For Movers
Getting ready to move? Here’s 8 tips on moving effectively while using a moving company like us.
- When hiring a mover, make sure you and the company are fully aware of all property to be moved
- Often, a mover can do an in-home or video tour
- Don’t always choose the lowest price, that doesn’t mean the best
Review Their Estimate
- Even if you feel you talked about everything, review the estimate
- Walk through your house and property to check off any line items
- Make note of additional concerns and contact the mover
If Possible, Make an Inventory
- The average American home has a lot of individual items
- Inventory as much as possible, emphasizing your expensive items
- This allows you to check your moved property at your new location to make sure everything made it
If You are Packing, Pack Smart
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same box
- Give plenty of time for your kitchen
- Pack important and sentimental in specially marked boxes for easy access
- Make sure the movers leave boxes you need quickly closest to the door.
Establish a Set Moving Date as Soon as Possible.
- You don’t want the date to be a guess.
- You need to be mentally prepared for the move.
- Make time to prepare your home and pack certain special, fragile objects. This is never good to do in a rush.
Know What Cannot Be Transported
- Ask your mover for a list of things they won’t move
- It’s usually chemicals or money and varies with each mover
- Contact us to talk about items you might have concerns with
Create a Packing Plan
- While the mover may do most of the packing, have a plan
- We have done a lot of moves but we don’t know your preferences
- If possible, email it to the mover before the moving day
Establish Knowledge about Insurance
- Talk to your mover about insurance
- Ask what it does and does not cover
Testimonials of Our clients
This Side Up Moving is a full service moving and relocation company. We offer professional packing, moving, and storage services.