Get Ahead of the Pack
When it comes to moving, packing is usually the most time-consuming. If you find yourself distressed about your packing project, then let us pack for you. Our full and partial packing services offer you flexibility in how much you would like to handle, and how much you would rather not worry about. We train our employees to be diligent packers so you can trust your belongings are safe in transit and delivery.
After the move, you are left with a legion of boxes that need unpacking. Although the inclination may be to unpack everything as quickly as possible, you will need to take it one room at a time, and one day at a time. However, if the time or patience for this does not exist, then we are happy to assist with the unpacking as well. We can do as much or as little as you wish, whether it is the entire home or certain rooms, such as the kitchen or bedroom. The final result gets you back into a normal routine.
Fill this form to get your free estimate!
8 Critical Things You Need To Prepare For Movers
Getting ready to move? Here’s 8 tips on moving effectively while using a moving company like us.
- When hiring a mover, make sure you and the company are fully aware of all property to be moved
- Often, a mover can do an in-home or video tour
- Don’t always choose the lowest price, that doesn’t mean the best
Review Their Estimate
- Even if you feel you talked about everything, review the estimate
- Walk through your house and property to check off any line items
- Make note of additional concerns and contact the mover
If Possible, Make an Inventory
- The average American home has a lot of individual items
- Inventory as much as possible, emphasizing your expensive items
- This allows you to check your moved property at your new location to make sure everything made it
If You are Packing, Pack Smart
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same box
- Give plenty of time for your kitchen
- Pack important and sentimental in specially marked boxes for easy access
- Make sure the movers leave boxes you need quickly closest to the door.
Establish a Set Moving Date as Soon as Possible.
- You don’t want the date to be a guess.
- You need to be mentally prepared for the move.
- Make time to prepare your home and pack certain special, fragile objects. This is never good to do in a rush.
Know What Cannot Be Transported
- Ask your mover for a list of things they won’t move
- It’s usually chemicals or money and varies with each mover
- Contact us to talk about items you might have concerns with
Create a Packing Plan
- While the mover may do most of the packing, have a plan
- We have done a lot of moves but we don’t know your preferences
- If possible, email it to the mover before the moving day
Establish Knowledge about Insurance
- Talk to your mover about insurance
- Ask what it does and does not cover
Testimonials of Our clients
This Side Up Moving is a full service moving and relocation company. We offer professional packing, moving, and storage services.